1. The gallery section is finally coming together. Visitors can flip through pictures in the gallery without having to refresh the whole page. I rather like that.
2. The Where2GoOnline.com report has alternate views now. Instead of being stuck looking at the most recent links, you can flip to the most viewed links or the oldest links. And I can spread that to the rest of the website and establish more views after there are enough links on there for it to make sense to do so.
So that's one huge step in the process of things coming together. My brain hurts from too much coding in too many different languages. But that's the breaks I guess.
Well, my target date of January 1st has come and gone and while I am impressed with all of the redesigning I did get done, there is still clearly a lot that remains unfinished. In the last couple weeks I was able to get through some major coding.
* I got a start on the book section. At least enough so that I could place some random book pages on the home page.
* I have gotten the new Where2GoOnline.com up so that website is back in action and yesterday I added about 40 links to it so it even has some content in it. I'm planning to release four links a week for the next few months at least and see how the site develops.
* I upgraded the landing page for the video viewer to show the most recent video and list the recent videos in each category.
* I changed all the copyright dates to 2013 (How exciting is THAT?!?)
So. That's what's new. Back to the grindstone for me now.
After more than 10 years of abandonment, I have finally updated the http://www.Where2GoOnline.com
website. It had become a broken website full of broken links, dead links, and links to websites that might have looked cool 12 years ago.
I flattened it and started over again mostly from scratch. The new version only has 8 links on it, and it's already better than the old version. There will be four more links on Saturday and then on January 1st I will go through and put the links from 12 years ago that actually linked to something cool back in the system. There actually were quite a few and I'll try to add at least one per hour after 6am. So on and after January 1st Where 2 Go Online should be a pretty cool website to check out.
So even though writing all of this software all at once is turning into an unwieldy mess at times, and even though coding time is very hard to come by and my concentration levels are strained to say the least... this all is still managing to come together somehow. Ready or not I still intend to officially relaunch AMProSoft.com in time for New Years. The new Content Viewer is pretty close to completion and it's working well with the redesigned updates section (now located on the homepage).
I started designing the Design section a little bit and the content count for the whole site is approaching 300. The only section that I have yet to start now is the book section and I hope to start that soon. All in all I'd say that this upgrade has proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you don't always have to know what you're doing in order to do something. Sometimes you just have to pick a direction and figure out where you're going while you get there.